Don't miss out on your dream home
Looking to move? Wondering if you should put your property on the market before you start looking? Answer: You should always put your own property on the market first.
If you don’t put your property on the market, you could miss out on your dream home.
The advantages of putting your property on the market are:
- Being in a proceedable position; if you present to a vendor as a potential buyer who has already sold or accepted an offer on your own property you are viewed as more attractive than someone who hasn’t put their current property on the market.
- More room to negotiate; a seller may also be more likely to negotiate on the asking price if you are in a position to move quickly. If you are not on the market your offer won’t be taken seriously.
- Avoid being forced to make a high offer; if you are not proceedable the only way to secure a house you want may be to make a much higher offer than others to secure the property you want and you could end up paying fare more than you otherwise would.
- Avoid being forced to take a lower offer on yours; if you haven’t got your property on the market and you offer on another property the pressure will be on from the start to sell your property quickly – you may have to accept the first offer that comes along or risk losing your dream home.
- Know your actual budget; once you are under offer you will be in a stronger buying position and know exactly how much you have for your next home.
- Accepting an offer doesn’t mean you have to move out; your buyer’s expectations can be managed, so that you can control the move.
- Be in control; by having your property on the market before you start house-hunting allows you to set your own timetable. Not having your property on the market just creates more pressure on you to find the house you want.
- Have everything to gain; with your property on the market you will be seen as a serious and motivated buyer.
Save yourself the heartache of missing out on your dream home, as well as the likelihood of having to offer high and being forced to accept a lower offer because you are under pressure to sell, by getting your house on the market.
Be the buyer other people are looking for, allowing you to get your dream home taken off the market, getting your offer accepted and making sure no one else gets to view it.
Thinking of moving? Seek advice from an experienced agent
In today’s housing market it pays to seek advice from an experienced agent. An agent who knows and understands the local housing market will ensure you get the best possible outcome.
Here at Preston Baker we pride ourselves on working diligently to get the best possible outcome for our clients.
If you would like a free, no obligation valuation please get in touch.